Your Harvesters Federal Credit Union account is protected by our digital security measures which utilize the latest software and encryption methods. However, there are things you can do to protect yourself and your family from digital breaches of security.
Select a Topic to Learn More
Malware Prevention Good Practice:
- Don't click on links you are not expecting or do not trust.
- Enable your computer's built in firewall.
- Install an anti-virus service on your device.
- Keep anti-virus service up to date.
- Don't install software with unknown sources.
Financial institution members are a common target for phishing attempts as the people sending the phishing emails are wanting access to sensitive information like financial information. Harvesters will never request usernames or passwords via email. If you receive a suspicious a Harvesters email requesting confidential information, please reach out to us directly.
- Password should be complex, which means they meet these requirements:
- Minimum of eight characters long.
- Contain an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and special character.
- Not the same as previously used passwords.
- Do not share your passwords with anyone.
- Use different passwords for different services.
- Do not write down your passwords.
Mobile Device Safety Tips:
- Do not access mobile banking on untrusted wireless networks.
- Have a lock setting on your phone when not in use.
- Make sure your device is up to date with the operating systems latest security features.
- Do not access confidential information via a device that is not yours.
- Use biometric login if device supports this feature.
- Only download applications that come out of trusted sources.